A waste management company recently contacted Able Scale, with a need for a reliable system to weigh their waste trucks.
Their needs were two-fold:
- To be able to check their vehicles GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) after modifications had been performed. This is to ensure that the vehicles comply with the National Heavy Vehicle regulations regarding mass, dimension and loading for road safety.
- To be able to do spot audits on their vehicles out in the field, or at their depot to make sure that the vehicles were not being overloaded.
Other features required were:
- Portable weighing system that can be used at various locations
- Ability to weigh 6 axle weights at a time, both individually and accumulatively
- Check side to side weighing
- Check front to back weighing
- Dynamic weighing ( also known as in motion weighing – the ability to capture the axle weight and gross weights as the vehicle is driven over the weigh pads without coming to a stop)
- Static weighing
A set of 6 XTR686 Portable Axle Weigh Pads, with remote indicator and printer.
The XTR686 system was easily able to meet the clients requirements. With wireless communication and rechargeable battery operation, the weigh pads offer true portability and flexibility.
Its other features include long range wireless operation, aluminium alloy casing, built-in thermal printer, and individual axle weight readings. Rubber ramps are also included.
These weigh pads are available in 5000kg, 10,000kg, and 15,000kg.
For more information on these axle weigh pads, or any other weighing scales for your business, please contact Able Scale at 1300 731 360.