Are you currently required to label with country of origin under the Food Standards Code?
Do you sell food in retail stores?
Do you sell pre packed product?
If you have answered yes to these questions then you need to implement the labelling of your products with the Country of Origin Labelling by 30 June 2018.
Your label printing scales, or labelling software will need to be reprogrammed for each product that you sell that fits the CoOL labelling requirements. If you use pre-printed labels then they will need to be updated as well.
To make the transition easier it is best to start implementing now especially if you have multiple products. This simple checklist will get you started:
1. Determine what products you need to label with the new regulations.
2. Generate and download your logos, bar charts and advisory statements using the online tool for each of your products.
3. Check that your current labelling software or labelling scale is capable of producing logos. If your labelling scale does not have logo printing then you may need to upgrade your equipment.
4. Consider that your current label size may need to change due to the extra information required.
5. Programming and label formatting takes time, as each individual product will need a new label format and resizing. Allow your business plenty of time to implement and changeover to new labels.
6. We are here to help. Contact us at Able Scale to schedule in the programming of your label scale, in order to comply before the 30 June 2018 deadline.
At Able Scale, we offer a range of label printing scales, such as the Ishida Touch Screen Label Printing Scale (Uni 5). As a price computing scale with a printer and touch screen, the scale allows for easy, user-friendly operation. Features include - side loading of labels or receipt paper; dual range weighing; wireless communication, 77 tactile keys on the keyboard; 4MB of memory, customer logo, greyscale customer display for advertising specials and products; barcode printing and more. The Uni-5 series is available in a bench model, pole display model and an elevated keyboard model.
For more information on how to comply with the new regulations, including the online tool you can refer to the following websites: